I had planned to share this amazing coconut bread with you on Monday, however, I got sucked into a vortex of late night binge watching of Orange Is The New Black. So here we are on Thursday, feeling very much unaccomplished for the week but having finished the entire season already. Gah. I can’t even stand it that I did not pace myself. I just can’t help myself, it’s so good and then the next episode is just waiting for you! Do you guys do that too, or just me? Make me feel better and say you do.
Remember it later
Like this recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
Oh my gosh you guys, this bread is amazing! I wish I could have bottled up the smell in my kitchen while I was making it because it smelled like a delicious tropical paradise. This recipe comes from the very talented Stephanie and her e-cookbook Quick Bread Love. If you haven’t bought this e-book yet, do yourself a favour and get it! It is filled with over 30 awesome recipes for everything quick bread. I basically bookmarked the entire book because everything looks and sounds so good!
This bread is soft and moist, and the interior has a little bit of texture from the shredded coconut. If your not a huge coconut lover (I wasn’t either), not to worry, the bread isn’t overwhelmingly coconut flavoured but rather subtle. The huge punch of flavour comes from the lime glaze and the coconut flakes on top. So definitely do not skip the glaze, it makes this cake.
I’m a total coconut lover now.
Lime-Coconut Quick Bread
For the bread
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime zest about 2 limes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut*
For the glaze *
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 scant tablespoons lime juice
- Lime zest
- Coconut flakes or shredded coconut I used unsweetened flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 8×4-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, coconut oil and eggs until combined. Whisk in the coconut milk and lime zest.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and shredded coconut until combined. Pour in the the coconut mixture and stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lime juice until smooth. Pour or drizzle over completely cooled bread. Top with Lime zest and coconut flakes.
- Will keep wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for 2 days.