This Crunchy Couscous Sweet Potato Salad is sweet, savory and will fill your belly! The perfect weeknight healthy meal that’s ready in under 30 minutes!
I am so excited to share the first of our 30 Minute Thursday Meal series. I’ve partnered with some of my very talented blogging buddies to bring you a fast and healthy meal that can be made in 30 minutes or less! With school starting it’s back to the grind for my family. Summer is coming to a close. Time for school, homework and rushing the kids off to soccer practice… eek! There is just no time to be had for cooking, this salad is a life saver though because you can have it ready to go in 30 minutes.
I soo heart this salad because it’s got everything you need to fill you up. The word “salad” doesn’t do it justice. When I hear salad and don’t think filling. I think of a light appetizer, I think of hunger. My stomach still growling. This Crunchy Couscous Sweet Potato Salad has beans, potatoes, couscous and almonds. After you eat this salad you will most certainly NOT be hungry.
You will also not feel guilty after eating this. After a long day of getting the kids off to school, then working, cleaning, homework and running the kids to practice and then home again; I need something really filling and really satisfying. This salad meets all my needs. Quick. Crunchy. Filling. Sweet. Savory. Comforting.YUM!
Crunchy Couscous Sweet Potato Salad
- 5.8 oz box couscous mix with roasted garlic and Olive Oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes about lb.
- 1 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 4 Tbs. blue cheese crumbles
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
Honey Roasted Almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped salted almonds
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. Honey
- parchment paper
Honey Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 Tbs. Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook couscous according to box directions.
- While couscous cooks, microwave each sweet potato for about 6 minutes or until tender. Let cool for a couple of minutes. Once warm (not hot) gently peel the skin away and dice the potatoes into bite sized cubes.
- While Potatoes are cooking, combine honey and olive oil in a small bowl, then toss almonds with mixture. Place almonds on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Combine the balsamic vinaigrette, extra virgin olive oil and honey in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a large bowl combine the couscous with the beans, onions, almonds, spinach and blue cheese. Gently mix in the dressing with the salad and serve immediately.