This soup is simple, healthy and delicious! I love this kind of soup. No cream, so very healthy!
I was very surprised, when my 17 y. old daughter said :”Oh, mom, your soup is very good. Can I have more?” Because she never wants to eat any soup.
In the original recipe, Alida adds some shrimp that she cooked in a little olive oil until slightly golden. Then she puts the shrimp on top before serving with the pomegranate seeds. .
You have no time to cook and you are just 2. This soup is perfect for a simple dinner.
If you are 4, you can decide to serve it before the entree.
Anyway, it’s an excellent recipe for after the Holidays
Potato Leek Soup
- 2 400 g potatoes
- 2 150 g leeks
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 liter 32 fl. oz water
- 2 tbs chopped parsley optional
- Pomegranate seeds to decorate
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Peel and chop the potatoes. Wash the leeks, roughly chop them and put them in a saucepan with the potatoes, the onion, salt, pepper and the water. Boil and let cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Blend the soup to a creamy consistency. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and mix well.
- Pour the soup into 4 bowls. Add a little chopped parsley and a few pomegranate seeds to decorate.
Remember it later
Like this recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin