This Strawberry Red Velvet Cake was a hit in my office! I had a really hard time slicing it, since the cake was small, and I had a large number of slices to cut…All I can say is that it disappeared in a minute.
I finally realized how desperately I need a bigger baking pan!
The smooth texture, strawberry syrup and buttery-rich frosting make this Velvet Cake an all-time favorite for any time of year. Perfect for Birthdays and or any other special occasions!
Strawberry Red Velvet Cake
Red Velvet Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbs red food coloring
- 1 tsp apple vinegar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1- 2 tbs lemon juice
- a few tbs of strawberry jam + strawberries sliced
Red Velvet Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil 8 -inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Pour the batter into prepared 20 cm round cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 70-80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. (After 50 minutes of baking I covered the cake with aluminum cake, to prevent the top from burning).
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Combine butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until creamy.
strawberry jam mixture:
- 3/4 a few tablespoons of jam with 1,5 – 2 tablespoons of water.
- Set aside.
- Cut a cake into four layers.
- Put your first cake layer on the plate, use a pastry brush to brush the jam mixture over the entire cake. Make sure you get the edges of the cake covered as they tend to dry out the most.
- Then, spread a part of the frosting evenly across layer.
- Put the second cake layer on top, soak with jam mixture and frost.
- Repeat with the rest of your layers.
- Cover the top of the cake with the remaining frosting.
- Decorate with sliced strawberries.