This Banana Peanut butter Cheesecake is really not hard to make. The result was so tasty, that the whole cheesecake has magically disappeared in a few minutes. The banana and peanut butter flavors are really delicious and the whole thing is beautifully creamy. Plus, it’s relatively healthy, what is definitely encouraging to eat another slice! I keep thinking of an excuse to make it again…
Banana Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 200 g flour
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup butter softened
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 23 oz cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1,5 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 3 tbs peanut butter
- + bananas to decorate
- + cocoa to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter a 15 x 10 inches pan.
- In a medium bowl combine butter and sugar, mix with an egg.
- Place mixture in a pan and press firmly into bottom.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).Butter an 8 inch spring form pan.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese and sugar, then add eggs, vanilla extract, peanut butter and cornstarch.
- Mix bananas in blender, combine with heavy cream and the rest of wet ingredients.
- Pour over the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 70 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool in the oven for at least 1 hour.
frosting & assemble:
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla. Add confectioners’ sugar and beat on low speed until combined.
- Turn to high and beat until frosting is smooth.
- With a spatula spread the sour mixture over the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with cocoa.
- Decorate with bananas.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.