So, my sister is visiting from Texas with my two nieces and two nephews, and we have been going non-stop. Between our touristy adventures and three teenagers (one mine, two hers) wanting to be on the computer (constantly) my blog has been severely neglected. But I did take advantage of a meal we fixed a few days ago and took some pictures of my homemade tartar sauce. This sauce is better than anything you can buy at the store. It’s simple, easy to make, and delicious–the perfect accent for seafood. We had it with breaded, baked cod. Yum.
- 1/2 cup mayo I used light
- 1 tablespoons dill relish
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight (the longer you let it sit the more the flavors blend).