Since my kitchen is smaller than closet, I don’t have much room for luxury appliances aka a stand mixer or an ice cream maker. I used to scroll through other food blogs, jealous of their creamy delicious concoctions like this, this, or this. That ends today! Actually jealousy will be replaced by envy because why isn’t that chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream in my bowl, instead of oatmeal? I’ll shut my eyes and pretend.
Have you heard of no-churn Ice cream? If you haven’t let me explain.
No-churn ice cream is a wonderful phenomenon that requires two ingredients – heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk. After whipping the cream, you fold in the milk to get your base, which taste amazing in it’s own right. You can stop there if you want pure vanilla no churn ice cream. However, what’s the fun in that?
There are endless topping’s you can throw in but today let’s go with fresh farmers market peaches grilled to sweet perfection and chunks of white chocolate. After grilling the peaches, I blended them and swirled the puree throughout. Each bite of no-churn ice cream is packed with juicy peach flavor, highlighted by bits of white chocolate. Enjoy!
No-Churn Ice Cream with Grilled Peaches and White Chocolate Chunks
- 3 peaches halved and pitted.
- 1 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 1 3.5 oz bar white chocolate chopped
- Heat grill to high. Brush peaches with butter and grill until golden brown and just cooked through. Set aside to cool. Then puree in a blender.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a large bowl, mix in the vanilla extract. Next, using a hand mixer beat the heavy whipping cream until it holds, stiff, billowy peaks.
- Gently mix a scoop of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk. Transfer the rest of the whipped cream into the bowl of sweetened condensed milk. Began to fold them together, taking extra precaution to not deflate the mixture too much. Mix in the white chocolate chunks.
- Transfer half the ice cream base to a freezer container. Pour half the peach puree on top and then pour the remaining ice cream on top of that. Dollop the remainder of the peach puree and swirl together. Freeze for at least 6 hours.
Serving size: 8 Calories: 455 Fat: 30g Saturated fat: 19g Unsaturated fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 41g Sugar: 39g Sodium: 97mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 101mg