What do chicken nuggets, fries, tater tots, and hamburger’s have in common?
They are all vehicles for ketchup.
While I might have outgrown that opinion I had in my younger years, I still love ketchup. Many things just are not right without it.
Since we can not have corn (not that I would want high fructose corn syrup) I am relieved to know just how easy it is to make homemade ketchup. There are many recipes out there, this is my super duper easy one. All it takes is stirring together a few ingredients. The result is a much healthier, and yet tastier, version to store bought ketchup.
Super Easy Homemade Ketchup
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika optional
- ½ teaspoon oregano optional
- 1 teeny tiny pinch ground cloves optional
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup water
- Whisk everything together.